When you read a book, do you enjoy reading the part that comes directly from the author, where he or she speaks “face-to-face” with the audience, tells us, the reader, what to expect from within the pages of the book? Here the author opens his heart, maybe reveals a little secret, or lays some foundation critical to the understanding of the story. Or maybe he simply sets the stage.
Psalm 19 is not unlike the forward to a novel. God wrote these words to tell us what to expect from His Book, the Holy Bible. The Master of conciseness wrote a lot in a few words. For the first time in my life, I have really dug deeply into this psalm to find out what God had to say here, and I’ve shared what I learned with you. It is my prayer that you and I will grow together in the knowledge of Jesus Christ as we learn more about the living Word.
- Introduction: The Bible Is Enough
- Psalm 19:1-6 ~ The Heavens Declare
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is Perfect
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is Sure
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is Right
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is Pure
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is Clean
- Psalm 19:7-9 ~ God’s Word Is True
- Psalm 19:10-11 ~ More Precious Than Gold
- Psalm 19:12-14 ~ Acceptable in Your Sight